Our grantmaking approach is based on five principles:
- We believe in the power of working together to create change. We are actively looking for other philanthropists and foundations with complementary grantmaking objectives with whom we can partner.
- We believe that nonprofit organizations should work with one another to further their shared goals.
- We believe in helping our grantees build capacity, leverage existing resources, and increase the impact they are having.
- We believe in accountability. Our success is measured by our grantees’ success, so we expect our grantees to have performance metrics in place and to report on their program outcomes.
- We believe in the importance of innovation and creativity. We want to fund organizations that operate in the “adjacent possible” – the space that is right outside of “business-as-usual”.
Applications for grants are by invitation only. We do not accept unsolicited grant proposals. Please do not send unsolicited grant proposals as they will not be acknowledged or returned. If you have a program that you believe we might interested in funding, you may send a brief inquiry via our contact us page.